Friday, September 18, 2009

Mohawk Hudson Bike Hike Trail map and Peaceful Warrior movie review

I ran knee pain free twice this week, three miles on Tuesday and five miles last night! I will keep increasing my running SLOWLY so I won't re injure my knee this time.

How to Prepare to Run a Half Marathon

I am helping myself envision running for over two hours at a time by going on long bike rides every weekend. Cycling did not aggravate my knee but allowed me to exercise for long periods of time. Last weekend I rode the Hudson Mohawk Bike - Hike trail from Albany to the Twin Bridges and back. It was a three plus hour ride, but I took my time and had snack breaks every hour. A map of the Albany,Cohoes, Watervliet and Green Island section of the trail is here: http://www.cdtcmpo.org/mowhudns.pdf

How to return to exercise after an injury - Peaceful Warrior Movie Review


I also watched Peaceful Warrior, the story of gymnast Dan Millman. Millman shatters his leg in a motorcycle crash, and finds the inner strength and wisdom to recover and enjoy his passion of performing as a gymnast with the wise counsel of a stranger he calls Socrates.

I enjoyed this movie because it reminded me of how much I love running and showed me how to truly enjoy life.


Most Read Posts:
My top way to stick to your training schedule - Tips for using a running log - Click Here

List of best at-work snacks for Runners - Click Here

What is the best percentage of protein, carbohydrate and fat in a long distance runners diet? Click Here

Are you training to run a half marathon? Click here to get free nutrition and training tips by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment