Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Running and Cycling songs for your ipod

The Post Crescent reports that USA Track & Field, the governing body for track and field, long-distance running and race walking in the U.S., has ruled that iPods are allowed in road races.

I use my iPod on training runs, and I feel that the music distracts me from feelings of exhaustion. Now that I'm stuck on the stationary bicycle at the gym, concentrating on the music helps pass the time.

I get new running song suggestions from the website Running Music Mix, which lists running songs categorized by genre and BPM (beats per minute). Every song list has BPM counts for each song.

My favorite new song on my iPod mix is Viva la Vida.

Nicole Nichols ahares an excellent idea in her Daily Spark article '40 Upbeat Songs to Make Your Workout Fly By.' She exercises to songs longer than the typical 3 minutes, 'fooling' her brain into thinking she's running a shorter workout.

My favorites among her picks include:

Aerosmith, Sweet Emotion
Coldplay, Clocks
Jefferson Starship, We Built This City on Rock & Roll
Kanye West, Stronger
Madonna, Ray of Light
The Verve, Bitter Sweet Symphony
U2, Walk On

What are your favorite workout songs?

Related Article:

How runners stay motivated and improve motivation for running
http://albanyrunner.blogspot.com/2009/04/how-runners-stay-motivated-and-improve.html

No comments:

Post a Comment