Wednesday, April 8, 2009

How runners stay motivated and improve motivation for running

Brom Hoban writes about one of the biggest challenges in running in the article, ‘Tips for staying motivated (even when you're not)’ for the Austin American Statesman.

Tips include taking a break from running, running at a different time of day or changing your route, running with a partner, crosstraining, and reviewing your running goals.

My running club, the Albany Running Exchange, offers group runs several times each day and can help runners find workout partners.

Taking a break from running is my most powerful motivator. I get antsy and after a day or two, and can’t wait to get back in my running shoes. For me, rest days are as essential to my training as the running itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment