Thursday, April 2, 2009

Race Report: Peppertree 5K Albany, NY

Here are the results of my first 5K!

I followed the advice of my friend Kerrie, who recommended I run the race to have fun. I took the pressure off of myself to run fast and ended up meeting my goal of running around an 8 minute mile with a 5K time of 25:07!

I started out a little fast, but settled into a good pace and found a fellow runner to follow for the first mile. I pulled ahead of him before mile 2 and ran a bit faster to catch up to another runner, pacing him until about 2.5 miles. I passed him and followed another runner until mile 3, when I started a medium fast kick to the finish line!

I walked to my car to get some post race carbohydrates and protein, then returned to see the results, cheer on other finishers and chat with fellow runners Kristina and Nicole. I felt great about my run and about supporting Peppertree rescue!

No comments:

Post a Comment