Friday, October 30, 2009

When to eat, how many meals per day for runners

The active.com video at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C75eulGHqPs
features runners giving tips on proper pre and post run nutrition.

I agree with the need for a small meal a few hours before running and another meal immediately after exercise. ‘Just listening to my body’ when it comes to planning the ratio of carbohydrates to protein to fat in my diet does not work for me. I feel just wonderful on a diet of 30% fat because fatty foods are so tasty!

I would suggest keeping a food diary for a few days every couple of months and crunching the percentages to ensure that your long distance running is complemented by a diet of 60% carbohydrates, 20% protein and 20% fats.



Most Read Posts:

My top way to stick to your training schedule - Tips for using a running log
- Click Here

List of best at-work snacks for Runners - Click Here

What is the best percentage of protein, carbohydrate and fat in a long distance runners diet? Click Here

Are you training to run a half marathon? Click here to get free nutrition and training tips by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment