Monday, October 19, 2009

How to add vegetables to a runners diet - simple soup, white bean salad

I enjoyed watching the video ‘Cooking thin and loving food with chef Kathleen’ by Kathleen Daelemans. Daelemans cooks healthful recipes and interviews busy moms and health professionals in this dieter friendly DVD.

I was amazed at her super simple recipe for soup – gather veggies from a supermarket salad bar, combine water and stock (I use bullion cube) in a pot, add the veggies, bring to boil and simmer for 7 minutes. Voila – a vegetable soup!

I am now using her recipe for Tuscan White bean salad as a snack at work. I don’t like the taste of plain raw celery, so I never knew how to add celery to my diet. The celery with the red wine vinegar sauce tastes great to me!

Runners like me do not need a reduced calorie diet, but I can benefit from simple recipes that emphasize whole grains and fruits and vegetables.

Most Read Posts:

My top way to stick to your training schedule - Tips for using a running log
- Click Here

List of best at-work snacks for Runners - Click Here

What is the best percentage of protein, carbohydrate and fat in a long distance runners diet? Click Here

Are you training to run a half marathon? Click here to get free nutrition and training tips by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment