Monday, June 9, 2014

The Mountains Will Wait for You and Grace Peak in the Adirondacks

The Mountains Will Wait for You


By Kathleen Lisson


The Mountains Will Wait for You

I recently watched 'The Mountains Will Wait for You,' the story of Grace Hudowalski of Troy, the first woman to climb all 46 High Peaks of the Adirondack Mountains.

I enjoyed this movie. I like the idea of recording more than just routine weather / route / date / peak information in my climbing diary. The Adirondack 46er page encourages hikers to record "What you saw.  Things you learned.  How you felt.  What the climb meant to you.  Summarize some of your favorite memories, adventures, or misadventures for us."

I bought my copy at the High Peaks Information Center. Find more information about The Mountains Will Wait for You here: http://www.gracepeak.info/home.html

Some 46ers are working to get East Dix renamed Grace Peak. I haven't hiked East Dix yet, so I am looking forward to noting it in my hiking journal as 'Grace Peak.'

The fact that the Adirondack 46ers started in Troy, NY is one more reason I am proud to live in Troy! 

Find out more about the Adirondack 46ers here: http://adk46er.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment