Saturday, June 21, 2014

Best Massage in Troy, NY

Best Massage for Runner and Hiker in Troy, NY

by Kathleen Lisson



To prepare for my hike up Mount Kilimanjaro, I have been running long distances as well as hiking in the Adirondacks and Catskills.  With all the changes in my body come aches and pains, especially in the legs from climbing and neck / arms from the pack. 

I go to Jess at Collar City Massage monthly. I believe that having a monthly massage helps keep injury at bay and relaxes me. I pay attention to what my body is telling me during the massage and I can often feel soreness in a muscle before it becomes painful on a run. 

Jess gave me a great tip for my sore neck. I have been camping on the weekends and using a travel-sized camp pillow. She recommended that I try a neck pillow like the ones sold at the airport. It provides more support for my neck than a camp pillow alone. My husband liked it so much he commandeered my first neck pillow and I have had to buy a second for myself. 

Jess is going to have her work cut out for her when I return from the summit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment