Thursday, June 12, 2014

Prepare Mentally to Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro


Prepare Mentally to Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro

By Kathleen Lisson

Mark Whitman of the Climb Kilimanjaro Guide website offers tips on getting physically fit for the trek up Kilimanjaro in the article ‘Training to climb Kilimanjaro – how to be perfectly prepared for the summit.’ 

I like Whitman's advice to prepare for the adventure mentally as well as physically. I remember very well the last mile of my last half marathon. The goal was almost in sight, I was on track to finish in under 2 hours, but I had no more gas. The mental strength I used to get to that last straightaway is the strength I will need to get to the top of Kilimanjaro. 

Read the ‘Training to climb Kilimanjaro – how to be perfectly prepared for the summit’ article here:
http://www.climbkilimanjaroguide.com/training-to-climb-kilimanjaro/

No comments:

Post a Comment