Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Do You Hike Just for the Summit?


Do You Hike Just for the Summit?

Map of Mount Kilimanjaro
 By Kathleen Lisson

In the article ‘5 Training tips to climb Kilimanjaro,’ Daniel Dorr of Kilimanjaro Adventures has some wise words about training to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro. He shares a quote, “enjoy your suffering, that’s what alpinism is all about.” Dorr cautions that trekkers “can’t spend 7 days climbing a mountain if you only enjoy standing at the top.”



This advice really hit home. When I was training for my half marathon I read post after post from non-athletes that wanted to know the bare minimum training regimen that would help them stand at the finish line of a race. I want my week on Kilimanjaro to be meaningful, not just the handful of minutes on the summit.


Read ‘5 Training tips to climb Kilimanjaro’ here:

http://www.kiliadventures.com/planning-travel/5-training-tips-to-climb-kilimanjaro/

No comments:

Post a Comment