Noonmark Mountain Hike Report
by Kathleen Lisson
|Ladder on Noonmark|
Arun and I hiked Noonmark on Memorial Day. We planned it as a half-day hike on our way from the Adirondak Loj to home in Troy.
After dinner at the Adirondak Loj the previous night, a Loj employee read the weather report - warm, overcast and windy at the summits.
- Waterproof pants are empowering - I was more willing to climb on wet rocks because my butt would not get wet. They're NOT just for rainy days!
- Hiking poles make a steep trail easier on the knees.
- Noonmark's summit is rocky, which makes for amazing views BUT was dangerous in the day's windy conditions.
- I used my rock climbing skills to get up part of this trail. A visit to the rock gym is part of a good hiker's cross training.
- Just because a peak isn't part of the 46, DOESN'T mean it is "easy."
|Summit of Noonmark|
Noonmark Mountain Hiking Information from ADK - http://www.adk.org/page.php?pname=hiking-noonmark