Friday, May 8, 2009

Running Calculator helps runners plan workouts

After reducing my running due to a sports injury, I am excited to use the time I will run in my next 5K - the Freihofer's Run for Women - to calculate my expected time future other races using the the McMillan Running Calculator.

Greg McMillan, M.S. has created a running calculator that estimates a runner’s equivalent race performances using a current race time at any distance as well as giving the appropriate pace range for all the different types of workouts that you perform.

This tool can calculate equivalent performances for every race distance from the 100m to the marathon as well as optimal training paces for repeats, long or endurance runs, stamina runs, speed workouts and sprint workouts.

Do you use a running calculator to plan your runs?


Want to run faster? Click here to get free running and nutrition tips by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment