Friday, May 22, 2009

How to run with asthma

Mediclim is a free service that provides weather alerts to Americans with asthma and other diseases.

Founded by Dr. John Bart and meteorologist Denis Bourque, Medclim analyses a multitude of weather parameters known to affect health, such as humidity, barometric pressure and temperature.

Subscribers are alerted when the weather may cause flare ups from migraine, asthma, arthritis or heart disease.

While I do not have asthma, I do enjoy running outside. I subscribed to Mediclim to get free emails alerting me to these weather changes so I can plan my outdoor runs on asthma – friendly days.

Do you consult pollen or smog forecasts before heading out for a long outdoor run?


Want to run faster? Click here to get free running and nutrition tips by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment