Friday, May 29, 2009

How to return to running after an injury

I went for a great three mile run at the gym this week, the first run in Albany since I got my orthotics! I felt fine afterward, and I'm looking forward to running with the Halve Mein Hash House Harriers this weekend! I am following Hal Higdon's 10K training schedule to make sure I start out slow and don't add on too much mileage too fast.

Here is a great quote my skiing instructor Tim sent me – “Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.”

This is great advice for anyone just starting out running or getting back into the sport. If planning out all your races for the year if that works for you, that’s great. If you are unsure of how to start, take Tim’s advice – go ahead and take the first step.

Want to run faster? Click here to get free running and nutrition tips by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment