Sunday, May 4, 2014

Find A Hike Map for the Catskills, NY Hiker

Find A Hike Map for the Catskills, NY Hiker



By Kathleen Lisson
 
The New York New Jersey trail conference has created an interactive hike planner that displays 350 hikes from 238 trailheads in 139 parks. 

My husband likes strenuous, long hikes and this webpage allows me to see the locations of hikes in the Catskills according to their length and difficulty. The results display on a map, which allows me to choose hikes near I-87. 

I found several new hikes I want to try with this interactive hiking map. 

Hikes can also be selected for their features, including historic hikes, hikes near public transportation, or hikes with views, waterfalls, wildflowers, woods, cliffs, and or/ birding.

The New York New Jersey trail conference interactive hike planner is here: 
http://hikes.nynjtc.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment