Monday, August 10, 2009

Running in the Sahara movie review

I had a great time visiting my dad in Sparks, NV but felt like I hadn't exercised in a month when it came time for my 5 mile run last Tuesday. I knew to drink plenty of water but my good physical condition had prevented me from being affected by the altitude - until I laced up my running shoes.

On the run my muscles worked fine but I felt like I was struggling for breath. I kept running (slowly) and came back breathing hard. My dad confirmed that it indeed was the altitude affecting my performance; his house was 4,600 feet above sea level!

Now that I can say I have run in the high desert, I was in the mood for a movie like this:

Fellow blogger Tim Wilson has posted a review of the movie Running the Sahara at his 26.2 Quest blog.

Netflix describes it as follows – “America's Charlie Engle, Canada's Ray Zahab and Taiwan's Kevin Lin embark on an unprecedented quest to traverse the entire Sahara desert -- on foot. Along the way, the runners encounter the beauties and hardships that accompany modern African life. Narrated by Matt Damon, the heart-pumping documentary tracks the athletes on their unbelievable journey through Senegal, Mauritania, Mali, Niger, Libya and Egypt.

Read Wilson’s review HERE.


Want to run faster? Click here to get free running and nutrition tips by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment