Friday, June 19, 2009

Food runners should eat every day

I am in my last month of training for the Utica Boilermaker and the runs are getting longer - 6 and 7 miles! When I am running for over an hour at a time I find myself really relying on proper nutrition to give me the power to run for that long and the nutrients I need to recover and make my muscles stronger.

Liz Applegate Ph.D. offers advice on the top foods runners should eat in the RunnersWorld.com article
‘THE BEST FOOD FOR RUNNERS - The 15 foods runners need every week for good health and top performance.’


I was very happy to find out that I already eat many of her top foods, including almonds, eggs, black beans, mixed greens, salmon, whole grain bread, yogurt and mixed berries.

I will be sure to follow her advice and start eating more sweet potatoes, oranges for my salads, and stir fry vegetables. I especially appreciated her cold cereal recommendations.

Want to run faster? Click
here to get free running and nutrition tips by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment