Monday, March 29, 2010

How to strengthen hips for runners

I went on my first 9 mile run of the year on Sunday!

My run was motivated by my friend Brian calling me and casually mentioning that HE ran 9 miles on Saturday. My competitive side kicked in and I found myself out on the streets the next afternoon, determined to equal his distance. I ran from my house up to the state office campus, around the loop, and back to my house via Washington Park. Not the most picturesque run, but it served the purpose.

I paid special attention to stretching out my hips before and after the run.

The Runner’s World article ‘All in the Hips’ provides exercises for strengthening the hips and three simple tests too see if your hips are weak or tight.

What gets you out the door for a long run?

Most Read Posts:

My top way to stick to your training schedule - Tips for using a running log
- Click Here

List of best at-work snacks for Runners - Click Here

What is the best percentage of protein, carbohydrate and fat in a long distance runners diet? Click Here

Are you training to run a half marathon? Click here to get free nutrition and training tips by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment